View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Hola Man
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RadRick
After reading the first couple of very positive reviews on the new 5.0, I just got to thinkin. If the 5.0 was 1/4 larger it would be a 6.25L, which is pretty darn close to the 6.2L. If everything stayed the same a 6.25L version of the 5.0 truck engine (360hp / 380tq) would have 450 horsepower and 475 lb ft of torque! Come on Ford, slap some 4v DOHC heads on the 6.2!!!
I made this exact same point on another thread here on this site.
I, for one, am not gonna fall for paying big money for a truck only to have it be rendered outdated before I am even done making the payments. I'm not gonna be suckered.
Sorry Ford, no sale here until you bring out the 4 valve 6.2. Don't make me wait too long either because if you don't give me what I want and do it soon, someone else will.

Also, every other F150 engine has 4 valve heads, aluminum blocks, and forged cranks. Even the base F150's base V6 has these things. The 6.2 however, has none of them. All of the Toyota and Nissan trucks have them too. Kinda makes me feel like I'm being slighted and cheated, like the buyers of the other trucks and engines are getting more for their money.

Competition and enough of us hollering about it will force Ford to do something about it.
Regards, Eric