View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:57 AM
comadvan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive driven the Eb in my SHO since 09 and drove one in 08.. I love it.. My SHO weighs 4200lbs and its quick! Mine is over 425hp now and in the spring will have over 450chp..

It comes out of the hole like a rocket and is very smooth, like any motor you have to find its sweet spot. I did get caught with my pants down once at about 68-69mph where it would not down shift and lagged a bit.. but other than that im extremely happy. Biggest thing that I had to do with my sho was change the shift points. They let the tq pull you around.. meaning at 35mph im in 5th gear with stock programing and going up a hill I had to kick it down and it dropped 2-3 gears.. I changed all of that in my tuning and I think its a million times better now. at 35 im holding nicely in 3rd maybe 4th depending on how much throttle im giving it. I also only see 22-23 mpg in the SHO, so I cant see where it would be 15 in a truck...

Ive been in the dyno labs and seen some of the durability testing and they should last a LONG time. I have a few trucks, 1 being a 04 f150 5.4 3v. and in all honesty that motor in stock form is the worst motor I have driven in a Ford product in 25 years of driving them.