View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 08:44 AM
SidecarFlip
Senior User
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by just another truck
I to have property, and yes, I have tresspassers, it is the fools that live in the area that feel free to walk it, or drive their crap across it, because they live in the area, they feel entitled. I have actual tracks from their off road **** driving on to my land from their homes. I am now hanging stuff about neck high for when they are riding their equipment, with a no trespassing sign on it, SO yes, I have those issues as well.

Back to the state land, that is crap, we had a out door shooting range, it had been there for 25 years. People started building around it, and managed to shut it down becasue of the noise..

Perhaps people need to be aware of their choices, and not hold others accountable for their mistakes, if you dont like the noise, then dont move there.
I'd be very careful about hanging 'things' neck high.... You accept liability for your actions. While it's criminal trespass, mitigating circumstances can make you the liable party, especially if a good attorney adjudicates the case.

I think the bill encompasses more than state land. It's most likely the property owners adjacent to the land that are being trespassed on and are complaining...and have every right.

In our current society, it's the norm for people to hold others accountable for their actions and then litigate. Just look around. Good example was Granholm blaming Engler for every malady, Obama blaming the Republicans and the Republicans blaming the Democrats and no one taking responsibility for their actions.....

While I don't agred with restrictions on state lands, I do agree with people acting responsibly..... I suspect it will be a cold day in hell before that happens, because people, in genral, don't want to and more importantly, don't have to.

I'm sure there is a lot of political posturing going on in Lansing over this and I don't believe it will pass because thr lobbyists will squash it. It's not in the best interests of the majority, especially the residents who derive income from the hunters and snowmobilers, however, that don't eliminate people from taking responsibility for their actions even though they will view it as such.