View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 AM
rpoitras
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rbsample, I think Ford stopped using the Pioneer head unit in 2009 so I imagine it's a bit different than what I have but thank you for offering.

Well, I sent my radio out for programming and $150 later (shipping back/forth added up) it's exactly the same. I asked them to enable 5.1 and the Subwoofer which now both show Enabled in the 3+6 diagnostic menu but the sound hasn't changed at all. The sub is still very wimpy. The guy did ask if I wanted the DVD/Rear Entertainment System enabled and I said I didn't think so because I wasn't sure if that would mess anything up since I don't have the DVD option (he didn't know either) so that's pretty much it. I can't keep throwing money at this so I'm done unless someone else finds a fix. I imagine the only thing left is the amp, which goes along with that one guy's story where the dealership replaced it, etc. but my calls to the parts department trying to find out amp versions and/or part numbers were futile. Also, it's an $800 item new so it's not like I can just get one and try it out. This sucks.