Thread: 2014 Super Duty
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
No changes please. I like the way they are. The one thing I am sick of hearing ALL the time is stuff about ride quality. It's a heavy truck meant for work (towing, hauling, pushing, pulling). For those that dont use them for work but have a heavy 5th wheel or travel trailer appreciate the load carrying capabilities as a trade of for a rougher unloaded ride. It seems like the crowd that just has money pouring out of their pockets and decide to buy a fully loaded KR 350 for looks complain about the ride. Buy a ride quality vehicle like a high end SUV. For those that even say that the IFS system on chevys are better I beg to differ. I use my fathers 2wd 2500hd for a week and that rode pretty much just as rough as my 250 4x4. Mabye the front was a little better but the rear bounced and hopped just as much over bumps in the road when unloaded. F-150...... that thing rode nice, but squatted so bad with a moderate trailer tongue weight or payload and was just too squishy/squirmy with a load.

I think the trucks have commanding look that has been polished and refined every couple of years. I am biased to the 05-07 looks as I have one but each year looks great. The boxed frames to me only trap the salt from the roads in the winter causing corrosion where I can't see it. I used to spray out the F150 frame during the winter, i know I'm crazy. If you don't have winters then it may not matter. I put firestone air bags on and if the frame was boxed...not sure it would have been so easy to mount.

The rusting rear fenders seems to be caused by some foam put in there, why, no one can tell me. Luckily Ford replaced my bed sides last summer under warranty and removed the foam from the new ones. I still wash it out after a salty trip though, I hate rust. Solid axles are great, hubs and bearings could be improved for easier maintenance, at least from what I read on here. I love the idea of the DynaTrac free spin kit but dont love the $2k price tag.

Changing something that works for the "just because" reason just leads to problems.

Wow sorry for that one!