View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:53 PM
7.3 Ex
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Heard back from Stillen about the AP Racing Big Brake Kit and they do not fit in the stock or other 17" diameter wheel as advertised. For now my attention will turn more toward the SSBC 6 Piston Calipers since they fit in the stock size wheel and use a stock size rotor.

That is interesting that having more pistons will require more pedal travel to be equally effective. That's new information I've never heard or imagined. I was hoping for the opposite effect, that less pedal effort would have stronger braking response.

Are those EBC rotors only dimpled and not drilled? I like that idea over drilling through holes. I don't imagine any issues with installing brakes myself except for servicing the parking brakes. Those things never had any bite and I've never given them any inspection, which I don't think is possible without pulling the rear rotors is it? I've never serviced these brakes since I put in these axles with near 80,000 miles I've put on them. I don't know how I managed to get so many miles out of stock brakes. I have high hopes for any upgrades.