Old 02-08-2011, 12:24 AM
640 CI Aluminum FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Bad
The 5.0 looks to be a real overachiever, and possibly the best overall engine in the line-up.

It will interesting to see how they respond to basic bolt-ons and LTs, if they are anything like the Mustang the gains are going to be huge!

Thank God Ford gave up on the 3V!
I guess this kinda kills the 5.4L vs 5.0L arguement huh? Many people were worried that the 5.0L wouldn't be a good low end engine because of its above 4K RPM peak Torque. But the proof is in the pudding in this test. The 5.0 can...Outrun the 5.4L and get better fuel econmy while doing it. And it can also drag a 9,000lb trailer like its not even there. Most people I know who own a 5.4L F-150 get nausiated at the idea of dragging a 9,000lb trailer threw the mountains. Sounds like this new 5.0 has enough power on reserve to easily pull the extra weight.

I'm not bashing the 5.4L by any means, I know they are solid and dependable ''At least in my experience'' but they were just getting old is all. They weren't really competitive with the compatiton anymore. But all of the new engine's Ford has introduced is changing that.

Man its a great time to be a Ford guy.