View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 07:15 AM
ttttmaxx
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Guys...I tried a small batch over the weekend before the freezing temps get here. I mixed up a 15 gallon sample (experimenting). I did not demeth and added 1.5% magnesol in the tank and took my paddle and stirred for 10 minutes. Tom I know you stated stir for minimum 1 hour? Is this a neccessity or is this just a practice you use? I would get rather tired of hanbd mixing for an hour. I would definitely have to rig a motor up for that long a period. My second observation of the magnesol is the filtering. I used 2 sock filters, a 10m then a 1 mic using a sock adapter under pressure from a pump I hooked up. I notice the flow seriously slowed after 10 gallons. I was also experimenting with the filters. I may have to go to a 5 mic then a 1 mic. Which filter catches the brunt of the mag? I dont think the 10m did a lot of good. Think the 1 mic did most of the work and thus started clogging quicker than I expecting. I stored the filtered fuel in another tank and will run the filtering process again. I did take a sample and set it aside. Looks like it did a great job of cleaning the fuel though. Any advise on the filtering would be appreciated. Trying to keep this as simple as possible without getting into elaborate filtering system. Thanks Maxx