View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 07:51 PM
CHAOTIC
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RollBak G2 bed cover review

I bought this model because I wanted as much access to my bed as possible. I have a '08 F250 with the short bed. It was delivered in two packages bundled together. It came with a small installation manual. I read the manual and watched the videos online, of how to install it. I have many complaints about the manual. First, there needed to be more description and different angled photos to show how to mount the hanger brackets. One or two extra sentences would have been enough. The clamps used to mount the rails to the bed are decent. They tend to angle off the surface as you try to tighten them down. There was nothing in the manual about mounting the additional latch straps that come pre-installed in the rails. There was nothing in the manual about peeling off the sticky tape and fastening it to the hanger brackets. If you have a bedliner or bed rail caps, you need to see how this will fit on them, PRIOR to any drilling. By the time it came to mount the canister lid on top of everything, I noticed there would be a gap of 1/2" between the rubber seal of the lid and the top rail of my truck bed (at the cab). Had I pre-assembled everything first, I might have caught this.
The cover seems to slide evenly and fits well against the tailgate.

These aren't major gripes, I still managed to install it in about two hours by myself. However, for the price, compared with other brands, I would expect more detailed instructions.

I've had it installed for two months now and I'm still satisfied. I've been to Lake Tahoe in the snow, and there was no problem with ice or snow. Nothing froze up and everything worked as it should. No snow or moisture was present in the bed.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...BakG2cover.jpg