View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 09:50 AM
ElbowJoe
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I absolutely love my '03 Escape Ltd in the snow. Ford can call it whatever they want. It works!!

I have a general Escape traction question. A friend went on a UP fishing trip this past spring with this father in law who has an '09 Escape. He claims they parked on a small grassy hill and got stuck on the wet grass when they went to leave. He said they could not get the Escape moving due to the traction control system preventing any wheel spin. The system applied braking to wheels about to slip and limited the RPMs. End result is that the Escape would not move forward.

He said they could not find a way to turn the traction control off. I also have a fleet Chrysler Pacifica front wheel drive (really sucks - but it is free) and this happened to me during a recent snow fall. I ended up turning off the TCS and flooring it - permitting wheel spin to get moving. I would be surprised to find out that Ford did not include a way of turning off TCS for instances just like this. Perhaps someone could comment on this......