Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 PM
sandyc
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't really know for sure, but have a generally good guess.

A good friend of mine, who was a banker, before retiring, lent money many times to a Chevy dealer for their operation, which included auto payments. Not all dealers deal in consignments. He said most vehicles were at 22% +/- depending on how fast the car makers wanted results. With that in mind, a 60K (MSRP) would cost a dealer about 46.8K. Invoice (what they show you) would be about 50.4K or 16% off MSRP (this would probably include incentives) or some where's close to that. He also said that 17-18% would usually buy, if it wasn't an extremely popular model at that time and that would be a good deal for all concerned. I personally did not get the 18%, but did get 17.1% (including incentives) and I was satisfied. This was a few years back, so things might be entirely different now-a-days.

This might give you a little something to think about, but don't let a few bucks scare you off if that's what you really want. Understand all the numbers, sales-people can be a little less than honorable. These trucks are great, don't let something slip-away. Just my un-biased opinion.

Last edited by sandyc; 02-02-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Corrected wording