View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:18 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
dual ford windstar fans with plow = success!
i could drive faster than the roads were safe to travel tonight(i didn't lol.very nasty out there.but found a few straight shots to test) and didn't have to keep slowing down to 15/20 mph to let my engine cool.
how nice to just drive worry free with the grill blocked by that 8' blade.very pleased.
i normally run 105-110ish idle.this is where the fans kept me pretty much.i need to adjust the controller so they dont turn on so soon,but with the plow on,i kept it turned down to see what max results could be.
on a switch so they didn't even turn off,im guessing you could drop temps close to the t-stats open rate of 192-195ish if ya wanted,though that would be kinda silly to over cool a diesel imho.peak performance and economy is the stock normal op temps of 212-237.
i think what i'll do is just turn it down all the way whenever i put the plow on,and for everything else,adjust it so they don't come on until 225-230.which would pretty much keep them off all the time without the plow on,but there to keep me within normal temp range (anything under 240) should i need them. hard to know for sure until summer,perhaps they'll need to kick on sooner to keep up with the heat.i'll have an actual low speed then too.they're capable since they can keep her cool with that blade on.