We need to remember that a 6.0L flash has it increasing the idle RPM's periodically, so it will be more fuel consumption than the older diesels.
Also (regarding Ford's position on extended idling):
Page 14 of the 6.0L Diesel Manual:
The following cold weather idling guidelines must be followed:
• Avoid idling the engine for more than 10 minutes at a time.
• Use Motor Craft Cetane Index improvers of a non-alcohol based from a reputable manufacturer.
• Maintain the engine cooling system properly.
• Do not shut the engine down after an extensive idling period (10 minutes or more). Drive the vehicle for several miles with the engine at normal operating temperatures under a moderate load to burn off any accumulated carbon and varnish.
• Consider using an engine block heater.
• For extended idle times use an approved idle speed increase device.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat; ARP studs OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust; DynaTrac Ball joints; Coolant & Pwr Steering filters; High-Idle mod; RACCCV6000; JimmiJammers; Ravelco; SynchroMax in xfer case; Fumoto valves; Harpooned; BriteBox; Re-flashed; Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press; Blue FPR spring; DashDAQ; Atlas 40 FICM from Ed; RiffRaff boots; DCPower 270AXP; PowerInverter; Rancho7000's; BPD EGR cooler; One-piece HPOP fitting; D-plugs & standpipes; BPD BilletWaterPump; SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra; DuraTracs