Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Stevoh
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was planning on not having the cable hooked up I mean. I will definitiley have to keep the actual drum/brake unit attached to the trans. But was planning on having it be more of an extension/2wd adapter haha.

The shifter is really tight and the rear yoke/trans brake spins freely and smoothly. So I hope my Zf5 is good. Only thing I am worried is that it only had atmost 1.5 qts of fluid. It was still red and didnt smell unusual or anything. I drove the truck on the side streets(nothing to warrant 4th or 5th gear) and the trans seemed fine, no grinds nothing. However, 1st gear seemed to be like the clutch was slipping, RPMS would rise but the truck "felt" slow. Is this just because it is a granny gear?

That setup looks sweet 82F100! Did you have to redo your lines so they have a hose for the caliper? What did you end up doing for an e-brake?

Diesel Brad:

The truck says F350 on the side, but I agree when looking for parts the Super Duty line is only designated to the F450. The parts truck has a 460 in it yes. And my truck I have no clue honestly if it was converted or converted with what. I am pretty sure it is a conversion truck but I bought it in its dually state. The VIN, door tag, and the emblems say my truck is a F250.