View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:34 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,394 Likes on 1,103 Posts
My raised roof E250 cargo van came totally uninsulated so from past experience on a '97 I had previously this is what I did........

Double layer of the Reflectic-like stuff on all exposed metal walls including the roof and all ribs, struts ect. In the bumped out areas just above the wheel wells and the doors stuff unfaced pink fiberglass inside---did this before gluing the Reflectix over those areas.

For the doors I found factory original pressed wood covers for the inside openings. Traced them onto cheap 3/8" plywood then laminated pebble textured plastic material commonly used in kitchen/bathroom areas. Installed some threaded split body rivet nuts in the holes intended for a clip then used 1/4-20 x 1 1/4" stainless steel truss head screws. When these doors are closed they don't rattle and bang around at all-almost dead quiet. These panels double as good surfaces for hanging racks and tool holders.

Anything done to keep the bare metal walls and roof from vibrating and resonating makes a huge difference. Adding a wood floor, maybe Reflectix under that then carpeting and its quite a change. I added a sliding heavy fabric curtain between the front seats and cargo bay which makes another huge difference.