Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Strokt350d
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting question. The short answer (I believe) has already been said. These trucks are in VERY high demand right now. Too many people have gotten a flavor for diesel trucks with DPF Systems, and they are looking down other avenues. Plain and simple.

As an example, when my 6.4 went in for the 6th time, I told the sales manager to give me a trade in value, and find me a 2011 F350 Crew Cab with 6.2, like NOW!!

He came back with 5 trucks, all of which I would want. 4 of the trucks already had downpayments on them by the time we called, and I will add, my dealer wasted no time at all trying to find me one. 5th truck was a custom order truck that somebody bailed on. I guess I was in the right place at the right time, however it was in Maryland and I am in Connecticut. No problem, they just shipped it up here.

As a comparison, my truck also has navigation, the Lariat interior package which includes the heated and air conditioned seats, and basically everything in a truck that you would ever want... Everything. Sticker was $51k. Nearest and most comparable diesel I found was $61k. Add $8k for the 6.7 liter diesel, and God only knows how much money for all of the Urea it takes......

In short, you better REALLY make sure you need that extra torque when you jump to a 6.7. Seat of the pants wise, my 6.2 feels way better. Not sure how it would run up against a 6.4 or a 6.7 in an all out drag race, but I'm betting its mighty close.