View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Posting Guru

binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.
OK, I'll go first. Compared to some of the regulars here, my set up is probably the most primitive, but it works well for me. I water wash. My 55 gallon drum processor is also where I spray dry my bio after washing.

Here's the setup with heated standpipe wash tank to the left, processor in the middle, and pneumatic drill powered keg methoxide mixer to the right. Both wash tank and processor have 220v heating elements wired 110V thermostat controlled.

Click the image to open in full size.

Here's the simple processor plumbing. This is fed into a cheap HF blue pump which has, surprisingly, held up well processing and drying just over 1500 gallons of bio. I am currently constructing a new processor which will have a Pedrollo pump. Better quality and much safer.

Click the image to open in full size.
Homebrew American Biodiesel (B100 Most of the time)
1995 Mercedes Benz E300D, 2006 Mercedes R350