View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 06:43 AM
Harley Guy
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maxsplat - yes, you will have to reprogram the sensors to the SJB when you put on the other set of tires. Evidently when you put on a new wheel, the sensor communicates data to the SJB in the truck. Don't know exactly what or how much data but evidently enough so the when you put on one of the previously installed wheels that was programmed to the truck you will have to reprogram it. The SJB must "dump" the data from the previous programmed wheels on reprogramming.

On my truck I gave away the 20" chrome clad wheels and just run the 20" F150 wheels/tires now and don't switch back and forth anymore. I have 2 sets of wheels/tires for my Corvette and when I switch those around I have to reprogram also.

The reprogramming process is not as complicated as it sounds by reading the instructions. The hardest part I found was the switchology to get into the "learn" mode. Once you do that it's just a matter of walking around to each wheel (starting with LF and going clockwise) an clicking the button on the little fob prgramming tool. Literally, 5 minute process.

On tire rotation you do not have to reprogram. The system is sophisticated but not so that it will recognize the rotation. The SJB is just looking for 4 sensors that it "knows" that are transmitting.

Important to note that prior to reprogramming, the truck has to be driven to "wake up" the sensors and you should have you tires to your desired running pressure (I personally run mine at 35 PSI).

Hope this clarifies my previous post. Heck - don't know where you live but if it's anywhere close to Southern Maryland come on over and I'll show you the process!

B/R,
RP

Last edited by Harley Guy; 01-22-2011 at 06:45 AM. Reason: spelling edit