Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 PM
mayhem69
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heat goes hot and cold, mechanic doesn't know what's wrong

Hi, i have been having some problems with my heat and anti-freeze overflowing out my resevoir now for about a month.
I have a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT with about 60,000 miles on it. I originally took it in because the heat would only work about 50% of the time.
The water was really dirty so i thought that was it. They flushed it real good and i brought it home. Next day there is fluid on my garage floor. I took it back and they said it was leaking from the radiator, so they replaced the radiator, another flush cause my block is making my water dirty. They stated i was good to go.
3 weeks go by and my heat still only works 50% of the time. When it works, it works great, gets real hot. Also, in the 3 weeks time, when i shut it off water will push out through the resevoir and leak all over my garage floor.
So i take it back in for another appt., they did another pressure check over night and said pressure is freakin great. They replaced the thermostat, 2nd one in 2 yrs. time, new radiator cap. After all this, same problems.
They told me they do not know what is wrong.
So, i drive it home only to have heat for about 5 minutes, turned cold, pulled in my garage, turned it off and again fluid pushing out through the resevoir on my freakin floor!
Someone PLEASE HELP ME! This **** is driving me crazy!