View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:25 PM
tecgod13
Logistics Pro
Received 120 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by catfish101
It is a carbon nickel tubing that won't rust....
COPPER nickel, not carbon. Big difference there. I've heard of it before, but it doesn't really seem to be available this side of the pond for some reason. Probably because it would make too much sense with all the frickin' salt they dump on the roads.

I didn't see anything on that site that mentioned a price, it seemed more like a wholesaler type website. But last time I needed some brake line, I ordered a couple rolls of the steel stuff and it came out to probably like 60 cents a foot, so $3.50 a foot isn't really the best deal. The stuff I got isn't the fancy plastic coated, but I did paint it before install to hopefully last a bit longer.

All I can find for copper-nickel brake line (tube) on ebay comes from the UK and would come in ~$1.50 a foot if the exchange rate and shipping are true.

When my current stock of steel line runs out, I might be willing to give it a try if I can find a good price. A better solution in my mind is to stop poisoning our trucks (and the environment!!!) by cutting back or stopping the over salting of the roads.