View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 09:34 PM
HOMBREGAUCHO
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for the information. I did some research on my F100, very excited.

First thank you for the information about the VIN. You’ve inspired me to research all I can on this great old workhorse. I am now the proud owner of the 1964 Ford Truck 100-350 Series Shop Manual, the 1964/72 Ford Truck Master Parts and Accesories Catalog and the Ford Shop Tips volume one and two. I’ve also discovered that the truck was originally owned by a Wayne Plunske from what I can tell a very well known/respected owner operator of Plunske’s Garage in Wallingford, CT. They have a fleet of vintage trucks and wreckers it’s truly incredible to see the attention to detail these working vintage wreckers receive by Wayne (Mid 80’s) and his two sons. I will be visiting their garage this Saturday to see where my truck used to call home. I’m hoping they’ll allow me to match their unique paint scheme in honor of my trucks history. I’ve also contacted Eastwoods Auto Machine in Somersville CT to inquire about a total rebuild on the Y Block. (Has anyone used them before or recommend someone in CT?) I’m starting the long list of y block perfromance parts now, I don’t think I’ll keep a running total though as that might get scary. I’m hoping to make her better than new and then enjoy her each chance I get. I’ll be posting pictures soon and I’m sure I’ll have lot’s of questions as I tear her down to the frame. Thanks again.