View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
EdCaffreyMS
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for clarifying! If your comparing the EB to say the 5.0, I think the POTENTIAL for higher maintenance costs is there....ONLY because with the EB you're dealing with higher cost components like the direct injection, high pressure fuel delivery system, and the turbo chargers. If any of those components were to require replacing, I would anticipate more expense in replacing them, simply because they are not present on the other engines available in the F150.
That dosen't mean that the maintenance costs WILL be higher, only that the potential is there. My personal belief is that the EB will as reliable as the 5.0, or any of the other engines Ford is offering in the F150, and will require no more in maintenance costs than any of the other engine choices.
I just got home from the dealership, where I placed my order for a new truck with the EB engine...but I will also be purchasing the top end warranty for the truck too....that way if my instincts are proven wrong, I will have the warranty to fall back on.
My decision to go with the EB was based on several months of research, the MPGs, and the fact that for those MPGs, I'll be getting an awesome amount of HP and torque. Others may scoff, but I think if driven conservatively, the truck will be capable of better than the advertised MPGs....especially with a tuner and custom tunes (once the warranty expires).