View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 AM
diver110
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS
It all depends on what "moderate offroading" means.....I live in Montana, and we have more gravel/dirt roads than paved....and as a matter of course, especially during the summer months and hunting season, we do about as much "offroading" as on, simply because there are no roads leading to where we want to go/be.

If your talking about taking a new rig out and "thrashing" it just for the fun of it, I would expect more issues than say my 87 Toyota truck....simply because of the complexity of a new truck.....to me that just mean if your going to do something like that, your going to have to pay more attention to maintaining your truck. As with most things, if you neglect it, expect issues. If you take the time and effort to maintain in proportion to how you use it, then I think issue will be minimal.

I truly meant moderate, no thrashing, but maybe trails with lots of rocks, maybe angled 10 degrees, occasionally driving through a shallow stream. My real question is whether the gas savings will be offset by extra maintenance costs.