View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 08:24 AM
EdCaffreyMS
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After all the research I have done (been studying on the EB since it became public), I believe the only people who are going to have major maintenance costs/issue are those who try to do extensive "modding" to the engine.

I'm all for making a truck your own, but the EB is very likely the most technically controlled engine that Ford has produced to date. If you start changing parts, and neglect or fail to reprogram the PCM, there are going to be problems.
I've already seen a number of posts on various forums about how somebody changed plugs, exhaust, or some other component, on their 2010 and their truck "won't run." DUHH!!!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not an expert when it comes to computer control on vehicles....the truck I'm about to order will be my first brand new vehicle in my 47 years. I have done enough homework to realize the the 2011 trucks have more electronic sensors on them than bolts/nuts....and all those sensors lead to a central processor....if a senor sends the wrong input (such as would happen if a specific type of plug isn't used), or no input (you pulled a sensor while "modding" something) at best your going to get a "check engine" warning.....and at worst you'll have a truck that won't start/run.

I think that if a person takes care of an EB equipped truck, with routine maintenance, and doesn't try to modify the snot outta it, it's going to be a very reliable rig. IF a person is someone who drives the crap out of a vehicle, and only pays attention to it when a "trouble" light appears, then your gona get what you deserve....problems.