Thread: THANK YOU...
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Radioactive 4x4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KodiakF250
Thank you for the good reply Mike! I'm double dipping you with questions as I also sent you an email via your web site before I posted the previous post......different topic though. At some point I expect I will give you a call because I like what I've read about your product.A lot of informative reports on here.

Provided my question isn't too extensive, I rather like posting them on here because your responses benefit all the readers......just like I benefitted from reading about a lot of other great 6.2L stuff on here.

Your mentioning the transmission's dual use was one of my reassurances when I looked at Ford's new packages. You're right, if it is designed to handle the increased torque of the 6.7L, then the 6.2L shouldn't hurt it. I just wasn't sure if you had tuned the shifts to (for lack of a better term) snap the transmission gear shifts more harshly.

Thanks, Mike
From my understanding, the line pressure is increased to the tranny which makes it shift snappier but that snappy is actually the tranny getting down to business and doing what it is suppose to do rather than "sliding" into the next gear which is actually slipping cluthes so that people have a nice foo-foo cushy shift into the next gear. I've had old Fords with C6 trannies that, even when stock, you felt them go into the next gear the way that a truck should. These new trucks all shift like cars because that is what the masses want. I don't want to have to wear a neck brace for when my truck shifts but I don't want my cluches slipping either just so it's "cushy". Just my 2sense