View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:46 PM
BlueOvalBud
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Repairs on the IDI engine are stupid easy.
You can get away with a set of wrenches, screwdrivers, and 3/8" drive sockets, both metric and SAE. Obviously you'll need more I can't think of, but you get the idea...no specialized tools required.
For example, most things are SAE, but the bolts for the vacuum pump are 10mm for some reason? I know it's not just my truck because I've had 2 parts trucks that are the same way!
For your application, you'll be very happy with the truck.

For fuel mileage, I have receipts dating back to January 1, 2009. My fuel tank has been an issue all year and not having a working fuel gauge has me tracking my MPG's by the amount of fuel added dived by the number of miles driven since the last fuel up. My fuel tank vent is totally home-made and unreliable as a way to tell when the tank is full. The thing takes forever to fill up and always spills over a bit when it decides there's too much air int he tank and the 1" vent pipe is full. (shake head now)

This is my first time seeing the Garage Fuel Economy thing. I know you had that cool graph in your signature for a while, but thought you made it in a different program.