Old 01-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Strokt350d
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
Mine does it even when the truck is warmed up (even though it's 25 degrees outside). I only have 350 miles on my truck, mostly city driving (varying speed) for the break in period. I saw the comments about the AC compressor in another thread but haven't tried shutting off the heat to see if that helps. I can't hear any noise from the cab but pop the hood and it's like a bunch of those motorized teeth going off.

I don't have the truck with me today, it's at Ziebart getting some rust prevention work done. I'm picking it up tomorrow but I'm becoming more concerned the more I search for tapping threads.

I think I'll take tomorrow off and take a trip to the dealer. I'm not getting any codes and the truck runs strong, just don't want to grenade anything by delaying.
Please post up your findings. Very interested. You said "a bunch of little". To me, that sounds like injectors or valve train noise, both normal. If I was to conclude anything from the other posts, you wouldn't hear a "bunch of little". You would hear localized tapping. I imagine it would be alarmingly loud too.

I will post back tomorrow. I'm going to try a few things tonight.