View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 12:51 PM
looking
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks subford for the diagram. Now I know I'm not missing anything. That picture is exactly what I have and how it is assembled with the exception of a 2nd washer (#4) between the switch and pedal (#6) which goes on the shaft first.... seems there should be one there since the metal plunger plate tabs from the switch which push the spring down would bind on the pedal without one. I just tried removing the clip to prove it wasn't binding somehow and even floating on the shaft it sill only works when I press harder. The wiring connector only goes on one way with locking tab and mine has wires exiting from the top instead of the rear as shown, but that harldy seems to make a difference. There is slack in the wires and nothing is getting caught during movement.

Yes, I can move the pedal with truck off and faintly hear the switch. Push the pedal aprox 1/2" till it meets the 1st resistance and the light turns on.

I know this sounds crazy, but is it possible the swtich is fine but the vacuum boost is too sensative or the spring that returns the arm is weak? Doesn't feel week when engine is off though.