View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Wicked Endings
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1974 Dynamark Lawn Tractor Restoration

Hey everyone! Today I picked up a 1974 Dynamark 12/39 Lawn Tractor. Dynamark was originally built in the late 60's, early 70's but then bought out by Murray in the early 2000's, and then by Briggs and Stratton a few years later.

The one I have was originally 12 horsepower with a 39 inch deck. Sadly, the original engine was not there when I went to pick it up. Instead, the owner tossed me an 12.5 B&S PowerBuilt engine. He says it needs to be rebuilt, so.. I'm gonna rebuild it.

The main reason I am doing this restoration is to prepare myself for when I restore my 1985 F150, but for now... doing something small and working my way up!

So, it took me about 4 hours to tear down the whole thing... You can see the process in the pictures below....

And that is what i've done today... So, next i'll be cleaning off the metal.. getting that all prepped for paint, etc. etc.

I figure this will cost me between $50-$100 all together. Paint, engine rebuild stuff, tires, etc. etc.

However, she'll look pretty good when she's done!

What color should she be? I have no clue... I was thinking a dark blue... Black, perhaps...

Any ideas?