View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 01:04 PM
customstringer
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by powersmoked
if they replaced and or turned the flywheel and did not suggest a new rear main seal.....they are incompetent. the seal cost $10 and you need to remove the flywheel to replace it. about 30 minutes tops. autorx has you use dino because the additives in the other oils neutralize there "ester" additives. you can use Shell rotella T6......it is get great reviews and is a full synthetic.
It has been at least a year since I had that clutch done, truck does not see alot of miles since my son normally has it away at college. My best recall is they did not have the flywheel out-they checked it and said it was fine. I'm going to check the sender [and filter since I know now and then even though all I use is the Motorcraft FL1A they still can seep] but after that I'll have to think about what oil to use. Before used Valvoline high mileage-it has never run on a full synthetic. Whatever is better to slow the leak if I still have it. Whatever it is right now is still small enough to just babysit, in my view.