View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 03:20 AM
Tech89
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 1991 F250 7.3L IDI Project

Hey everyone,

Alright so a few weeks ago I aquired a 1991 F250, 4 wheel drive, ext. cab, with a 7.3L IDI/auto. The truck runs great and goes pretty good she's just a little bit rusty. After all the truck has spent most of her life in Northern Minnesota. Anyways, this spring I would really like to find a decent cab and and box for this truck and do a body swap. I got good doors, hood and part of a good front clip excluding the fenders. I got a few questions and concerns before I continue with this plan though. I know for sure I'll have to swap dashes in the trucks which doesn't bother me.

First of all can I use any ext. cab from 88' to 96'? Will the body mounts on a 92' to 96' be different than my 91'?
Secondly, since this truck is a diesel is the firewall going to be any different than the firewall on a gasser? I just don't want to go and set a different cab from a gasser on there and find out the engine is hitting on the new cabs firewall.
Then I got a question about the transmission tunnel difference on a 2 wheel drive versus a 4 wheel drive. Is the tunnel on a 2 wheel drive smaller? I can't remember and it's been a long time since I've seen a 2 wheel drive Ford truck and I can't remember. Kinda need a spot for that transfer case shifter to go ha.

Thanks alot for everyone's time. Suggestions and comments are more than welcomed.

-Pat