View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 01:51 AM
Scott96fs
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you know what codes the truck is throwing? My check engine light came on last week while I was up in some cold weather. I ran a check and got 2 codes that were showing, P138B and P20C2. I took truck to dealer on Thursday morning, Thursday afternoon they called saying that the truck had needed a software update which caused the check engine light to come on. So I go to pick it up, start the truck and before I could even pull out of the drive way of the dealer back comes the check engine light. So I turn right around (not very happy at this point) and tell them its back on and that it needs to be fixed. 4 days later they finally figured out what the problem was, apparently the P138B code was a glow plug module fault code, that was caused by the power plug to the glow plug controller not being snapped completely in. Once they got that figured out they found that the P202C code was caused my the Uria (DEF) heater connector also not being plugged in all the way. So 4 days in the shop to find out all my troubles were caused by 2 connectors not being plugged in by the factory when the truck was assembled. Although I am glad it was nothing serious, I hate to see a $60k truck with 500 miles on it giving me problems. The ford technicians don't seem to know what they are doing and had to call some big shots with ford corporation to even figure out what the codes were. Sorry for the long winded answer but maybe this will save somebody some time and headache!