View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 08:48 PM
greenpus
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Crawgator
Anyone?

Advance cover vs Fold a cover G4? Who has one? Both seem remarkably similar. I have read they are made in the same town in separate factories owned by cousins or something or other.
I bought a Advance cover and it was crap. Within 3 months of installation the black cover started changing colors. The black anodized black started turning purple. I had a cover that was part black and part purple.
I called the company and talked to the owner. He knew about the problem but still sold the crap. He claimed the parts he ordered for these covers came from another company that did poor quality work. He basically blamed the other company that supplied him parts. Apparently he didn't want to get stuck with the inventory so he continued to sell these subpar covers.
I asked for this to be fixed under warranty and he offered to send me a can of spray paint, an alcohol pad and a small scuffing pad. I told him I wanted to send the cover back for an exchange. He said no. He said if I sent it back it would cost me 140.00 in shipping and he would paint it and send it back as is. I told him to **** off. I wouldn't buy crap from him or his inbred cousin that runs Fold A Cover...
I still have the Advance cover on my truck and it's now falling apart. The rubber seals are rotted and all the fabric straps that hold the cover down are rotted. $600 worth of junk.