View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 05:42 PM
caere
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just redid the oil cooler, headgaskets and egr delete in early summer/spring. So coolant is ok. After the oil cooler was replaced I still noticed a delta usually of 15º when cruising at 70. Never more. So truck seems to keep it within the wanted range. I just saw most guys had mb 6-8 when cruising. I thought mb the t-stat was part of the culprit for this too.

I never had problems in even -20ºF before. I would expect some drop when driving into the wind etc. but not when going slower. I thought mb it was a cheap fix to see what happens. Not excited about dumping fluid in this cold weather though. lol I work in the driveway on the truck, no garage.

I noticed a very small amount of coolant around degas cap. If my headgaskets have gone again I am gonna scream!!!!! I cleaned it off, took the truck for a hard romp, got boost to 28 (Powermax). Got home checked again. Low and behold same amount. No more than the ring a cold beer would leave on a summer day.

If I have an egr delete does this mean gaskets argh? I was told by ford my heads were well within specs. 0.002" and they tested for cracks etc. I used the black onyx gaskets.

::Finding a corner to sulk in::