View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM
wwbrewer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Rip-off on non-existent Escape cabin filter

I went to my local dealer to check on things they claim are needed for the 30,000 mile maintenance schedule. I had previously been told that my 2009 Escape would need a fuel filter replacement. Found that nowhere on the list. The most irritating thing was that the list mentioned a cabin filter. This was in the warranty book as well as on the dealer list.
When I brought up the subject, one service man told me that Escapes don't have cabin filters and the service manager told me that he had never changed one. Neither one knew where it was even if it existed.
They still want me to come in and have this non-existen filter changed at a cost near $100, along with all the other non-essentials. It's amazing the list they give you. Now I think it's just a scam, especially after reading what other owners have to say. I've read in several places that Escapes don't come with the filter. If that's true, then why pay to have one put in?
This really annoys me. These two services guys went over to consult with the parts guy, who said that here is a filter listed. Well, I guess so if they intend to install one.