View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 02:31 AM
flashback-n-time
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1956 F100 hood scoop

The factory hood scoop and the lower air vent tube under the hood on my F-100 as they would in 1956 in the correct location if you would haved special ordered one back then, but only the 1956 year truck models would have them of this style, and no they don't look like a t-bird hood scoop. The chrome grill is very different, and the t-birds scoop is moulded to the hood. Now after doing a lot of research on this matter, in order to make it factory correct for your truck you would have to have a special D.S.O. number on your vin data I.D. plate as I have, otherwise it wouldn't be factory or dealership correct. The D.S.O. numbers for 1956 would be something like this, XX-XXX or XX-XXXX, two digits then either 3 or four more digits. The first group of two digits is for area location of order and the next group is the Ford dealers invoice number for the special order equipment request. Also these hood scoops came standard on all "Big Job" trucks of 1956 when ordered with a 4 barrel carb. Another fact is that 1957 trucks also had a hood scoop, but looked a lot different and bolder.....Enjoy the Pic.....Stan from California.....Click on my name flashback-n-time to view pics in album....Enjoy....

Last edited by flashback-n-time; 12-09-2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Photo album