View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 07:28 PM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 720Deere
I can understand your concerns and in some situations they are valid. For many years I worked for a $500 million a year construction company. It was not only a source of pride for them to have clean, modern vehicles and equipment on their jobs. In fact over the years I ran into many people in the business that didn't know much else about them other than they are working everywhere and they have sharp clean vehicles. In this case, it was good as it made an impression on people and got them noticed.

I left the big company to help run a small startup company and the situation was a little bit different there. I got quite a few comments when the one brother bot a new fully loaded F150. Small companies are expected to struggle and customers seem to take joy in that. If you are bigger than them it doesn't matter, but if they think they are better than you they want to keep feeling that way.

I say you earned it and you should enjoy it. I don't see it being a problem to the point that customers will resent you. It sounds like you have waited a few years to get a truck like this. I say drive it with pride and don't look back.

I agree with your post. Its like you feel guilty for making a quality life for yourself, espically when your customers are not doctors and lawyers. Thanks.