View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 04:50 PM
glovemeister
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I appreciate the advice Sir. Yeah presently I have a full ride from a multitude of scholarships. With every scholarship except one, I am allowed to take classes in the trades that I mentioned. That one particular scholarship is really one that stipulates every thing I can take. They even went so far as to tell me I couldn't seek those degree choices, using other scholarship dollars. I am actively seeking to drop that scholarship by obtaining other scholarships or even loans to fill that spot. I originally wanted to graduate debt free, but if I have to pay 10k or so in loans back, that won't take that long and I would love to fact that I can choose my education not some 3rd party, who can control even what I do with my other scholarship funds.

I would say the biggest change for me is the fact that I went from working 3 jobs in high school on farms, in addition to a full time high school load and half time college load, to taking full time college and not being able to pick what classes I want. My aptitude area is mechanics, farming, and history. I have loved history my entire life, and foolishly bought into the idea that history is worthless degree field. I would love nothing more than to take trade classes because they are more of my interest area, after I obtain a bachelors in History which will pry take 2 years or less. While the trade classes will take about a year, because I have all the pre-reqs and the degrees overlap for the most part.