View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 08:38 AM
jas88
Lead Driver
Received 355 Likes on 285 Posts
Hey Jas88 how bout some pictures! Did you swap bronco parts into a 87-91 f150? They are different front driveshafts?
The front end stuff came from a Bronco, the trans and xfer case came from an F150. The rear driveshaft came from a '97 F150 so I had it cut down and used a yoke from an F250. The front driveshaft I don't know what it came out of but I gotta get it cut down, too, it's too long. I did not have a parts truck so I kinda pieced it together. I have a friend who buys and sells a lot of these trucks and his place is my personal pick-n-pull.

Pics I can get this weekend, it's dark here when I get home from work.

Then figure out what it would have taken to fix the truck you cut up. It was cheaper wasn't it? You bet it was, and now you still only have 1 truck. Get my point?
This is a person who has never had a personal relationship with a truck. Once you find one that you love, you don't just throw it out and get another one. It was easily worth my effort to do this swap so I could keep my truck. I could tell you how cheaply I was able to do this by swapping for parts here and there and waiting until the price was right to buy something, but it doesn't matter. I wanted MY truck as a 4x4 and I have that. That's worth way more than what I spent on this deal, which right now is quite a bit below $500 all in, and I have not sold the ZF that I took out yet. I might just break even when it is all said and done.