Old 12-02-2010, 01:59 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing
Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by bridge
I doubt it's a coincidence. They've screwed you on the plugs and if you smell gas there's more to the problem. I'd make sure the injectors are all seated properly in the head and in the fuel rail. Next I'd find a new dealer. It makes absolutely no sense that they would ignore cat codes. Something went wrong when they had your truck and they're not going to be any help making things right. If you contact ford they will say it's a dealership issues. However, they may be willing to absorb some of the costs. Also, your cats are covered to 80k miles assuming that their failure wasn't due to a stuck or improperly functioning plug, cop or injector. If they find it's a bad injector ford does not have to cover cat damage. You'll be responsible for the $1000 to $1500 replacement cost. Find a new dealer, go in and explain everything to the advisor and see what they say. Don't get pedantic (although it seems you certainly have the right). You'll get better service if you keep your cool.
I don't want to hijack the thread but since the OP's problem has been resolve and since I own an '07 F150 with the 5.4 and read the statement .......
"Also, your cats are covered to 80k miles assuming that their failure wasn't due to a stuck or improperly functioning plug, cop or injector. If they find it's a bad injector ford does not have to cover cat damage. You'll be responsible for the $1000 to $1500 replacement cost."
Can anyone explain the logic to this? Certainly, IMO, not operator error or neglect.
thanks.