Old 12-01-2010, 08:41 PM
jimsummer2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up my truck today and it's running like new. It was the catalytic converter the entire time. Causing misfires on both sides, throwing codes for plugs and injectors. At times it seemed like the transmission was slipping, surging but there was nothing wrong with the transmission.. The check engine light would flash, couldn't go over 3500 rpm's or it sounded like bb's were sliding around in my cats because the ceramic was all broken up inside then clogged up. Overdrive or merging was a nightmare in traffic. The drivers side was the really bad one and my truck is running great again. They said the passenger side was suspect and would probably have similar issues soon so they are going to replace it as soon as the part comes in. The dealership really came through for me on this and did the right thing. The cats were covered under the 8yr/80k warranty so my invoice says 0.00. The tuneup was really unwarranted, but it has been done, so I should not need another one ever. As soon as they replace the other catalytic converter I am going to have the rest of the exhaust/muffler swapped out as well and probably go ahead and put duals on it. Being that it is paid for and running great again, I plan on keeping it for a while. Thanks, and any questions about more symptoms that I had with my truck and how it was handled, just ask and I'll let you know.
I have a 2006 F150 5.4 4X4 supercab, all black with black leather/chrome package, 18" chrome rims.

Last edited by jimsummer2; 12-01-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: more info