View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 06:15 AM
syahj04
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tyler thanks for the reply, I did replace the map sensor about a year ago when I first started noticing this problem, the problem went away, but then came back later on, dont remember the time frame and has progressively gotten worse. The wierd thing about this problem, just like I have been reading is that this is a come and go problem, sometimes it is really bad and sometimes it is not even there, that is the confusing part, if it was there all the time we could all find it I believe.
when I pull my trailer 7000 lbs i dont notice it so much, assuming the reason is because I am into the throttle most of the time, and even empty as long as I am in throttle i dont feel it, only shows up under light pedal pressure.
I also thought about the TPS (throttle pedal sensor) and replaced it about 6 months ago, the problem kinda went away, but came back. havent replaced the IVS yet.
The really puzzling thing about this is that this is a hit and miss problem. If it was a sensor i am thinking it would be a constant problem, not hit and miss. Maybe thinking outloud here, we are looking at a plug or wiring issue might be a good reason to get the fire going in the garage today and start crawling around this motor unplugging all connections checking the pins and looking for chafing on any wire.
I dont know just some ideas, am loosing my hair on this one, like everyone else. come on guys surely someone out there knows something...