View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 12:07 PM
bubblegum
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLR, it may not be much of a skid plate (I assume you mean it will not protect the tank in case I got hung up on a giant boulder or something of the likes?) but it is more than I have right now - my truck is a 2wd dually, the most offroad action it will see are dirt and gravel roads, so in reality I only want the fual tank shield as a bit of extra protection against a stray gravel stone picked up by the tires and shot at the tank.

L. Ward, thank you for the picture - I now know what I will be working with. It does not look too bad hopefully the bolts either come loose or break off. Yes I have a big breaker bar, it is in the truck at all times in case a tire goes flat (that's an interesting moment there, as these wheels weigh just about as much as I do), and there is a long extension to go with it cause of the dually wheels, I also have a pipe that slips on the breaker bar. I will buy some PB Blaster on my way to the yard, and I will leave the cuttoff wheel tool at home. Thank you for the advice!