Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 AM
High Binder
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DIESELSITE
When you make your buisiness model around making the best parts you can, it's easy to be honest and give a record of events.

First off, we don't use the plastic pieces because they are HIGHLY prone to failure. Ask any auto parts house selling them. They sell them by the hundreds to replace, what? The OEM plastic piece that broke. They get brittle under the heat they are exposed to. The aluminum units are not affected by heat. However, they are affected by too much "manhandling" when guys get over generous with the torque applied to the clamps and twist the unit apart.

When we created this part in 2004, We had about 6 failed in the first 200 pieces. We readjusted our press fit and since then have had 2 phone calls since 2005. Considering we make them in batches of 600 and have made 4batches in 2010 alone (2400 units), and I know of none that called in any this year, I don't consider that too much of a problem.

If you have a problem with a part of ours, we'll fix it. If we see a problem that can be avoided next time, we address it. That's why we have the reputation we do. A simple phone call would have taken care of this issue. While the OP may have had an issue and we would have been happy to address his issue, I can't address the guy who doesn't trust our part and "fixes" it before he even tries it.

Guys, seriously, when you see it from this end and know the sheer number of units that leave here and the lack of calls concerning any issue, you chuckle that someone starts a post with "Warning"

Bob

Honestly, the problem is too minor to even have you waste time on sending out a new one. So educating people about the possibility of an on-the-road major coolant puke and a quick and nearly free fix as a preemptive or restorative function is a service to the community of 6.0 owners not a bash on your product. I love the filter setup and would buy it again in a heartbeat.