View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 09:29 PM
bubblegum
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bronco fuel tank shield

Hello all, I have a fuel tank from a Bronco in my '91 dually, and its sits pretty low to the ground. I was told Bronco trucks have a big and strong steel shield that protects the tank in case something hits it. My neighbor said he can help me install one in my truck if it is not overly complicated. So my question to all of you nice and knowledgeable people is, what is involved in removing this shield from a Bronco truck? There is a junkyard I can go to that sells parts really cheap but I have to pull them myself. Please keep in mind that I am a 100-lbs girl, I can walk on my hands so I should be able to push the tank and shield away if they decide to fall on me, but I'd rather keep the wrestling moves to a minimum - what tools should I bring with me? The junkyard does not allow cutting torches and the likes, but I should be able to borrow a battery-powered hammer-wrench-gun-thing and the bits that go with it - is there enough space under a Bronco truck to use those? Also what else I may need? Again I only need the shield (and maybe some bolts that go with it if they are something special), the tank itself can remain attached to the Bronco truck. If you have any pictures that would help me I would greatly appreciate them too

Thank you!