Old 11-29-2010, 06:21 PM
jimsummer2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much for the replies. I have kept my cool so far. I actually talked them into giving me a loaner because the head mechanic was not in today and I must say the 2010 f150's are really nice because that is what I'm driving right now. Not gonna let them bait me into buying a new one just yet though. The check engine light was not on and the little computer they had couldn't produce the history, the big computer was locked up. He asked if i could get it to come on, but he could hear the cats rattling around when i hit the gas. I asked how long the road was behind the shop, he said a quarter of a mile i told him to give me 2 minutes, and I brought it back with the check engine light flashing. He saw the cat code but also a code for injector 3. He said they do have the parts in the warehouse across town, but want to make sure they get it right and would not do any work requiring me pay anything more without my approval and I got that in writing. The head guy will be back tomorrow to dig into it, I do get that "rotten egg" smell sometimes when I have to get on it. I plan on dealing with the other issues once I get this right. If they call tomorrow and say they want more $$$$$ or the cats need replaced at my expense, I'll take it to a muffler shop, chop em and put aftermarkets on for 250.00. I spoke to a guy I know that works at a muffler shop and he said he could do it for that if it came to that.
Chris, it sounds like we have the exact same issue. It can idle great and I can rev it until i start going down the road and that's when the problems start. Seems like that 3500-4000 rpm range gets me and it starts choking out. I will defiantly keep everyone posted on what happens and how it all plays out. I also had the issue of my power driver seat, mirrors and pedals not working as well. I found the post on here about the water getting in under the fuse box and found that green and orange spliced wire and was able to fix that issue myself, but this issue is scaring me a little bit. Thanks again, I'll post what the "Stealership", haha, I like it, comes up with tomorrow.