Old 11-26-2010, 06:22 PM
natureboy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear a/c lines totally rusted out/ replace? any way to disconnect from front system?

I have a 95 e150 club wagon with about 100,000 miles on it. I got it last winter, the guy I bought it from told me "it blew cold." Yeah it does in December, but not in July.

So I took it to the local reputable ac shop to have it checked out... the lines to the rear ac are totally rusted out (completely gone in some places) and it looks like somebody, at some point, capped off where they would have hooked up to the pressure lines in the front, in the engine compartment.

The shop charged up the system with refrigerant and the front ac worked great for a couple of days, but quit, and when they checked with their UV light for leaks, there is a lot of leakage from the spot where the rear lines were capped off.

The shop said they couldn't do anything more, they said they'd never seen a system capped off like this, and didn't like to work on something that wasn't stock, and they would never try to cap off an a/c pressure line, and told me I didn't want to try and replace the rear lines. So I am kind of frustrated. At least I would like to have the front ac working.

Anybody have any experience replacing the rear a/c lines and how much it cost? Anybody have advice about disconnecting the rear a/c system completely? Or can anybody recommend a shop in the northeast with experience on this?

Thanks.