View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 10:32 AM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF
Ummm...again. So someone saves the consumer a simple math problem in determining the vehicle's payload and somehow that relates to the abolition of diesel trucks? I think we're safe on that. Besides diesel is one of the fuel solutions for the future. The US is so far behind on diesel vehicles on the highway mostly because we are so concerned about emissions. Hybrids certainly aren't the answer.

In the meantime, drive your truck as you see fit. Your DRW and even my F250 can handle quite a bit of load... I for one, am not going to worry one bit about every nickle and dime that subtracts from my payload. Maybe I will after I lose some of my own weight.
Well yes, I have always made my weight decisions absent the axle ratings and used the tire ratings. But, I worked for the federal government for 40 years, the last 31 in DOT. I feel pretty safe saying that the new sticker is not there to save you or I some math work. But, to tell the truth I can't think of any other use unless it has something to do with the new MPG standards that are coming in 2014. You may be right and it is just there to aid the consumer in comparing vehicles. If so, good for the DOT because weight application is one of the most confusing and misunderstood parts of owning one of these trucks. I submit the current thread for proof of that. Have a nice Thanksgiving.