Old 11-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Suprman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the 2000 expedition has 170k miles on it and it has been my fathers DD since he bought it new in 1999, i have personally done the plugs on it when i was in highschool around 2003 or so and hen i know he had all plugs and coils done before they moved to pensacola in may of 2009 or so.

it is very upsetting because this is the first major problem and it came at a very bad time. the reason i am thinking about selling it is that i don't trust it to pull the trailer, plus i would have to add a tow kit to it. and now i don't trust it on long trips.

i drive about 400-500 miles a week for my job and every other weekend or so i drive down to pensacola from atlanta. the truck just seems to not be worth putting in the money to make it reliable as i have to change out the ball joints soon and the trans s starting to shift harder into o/d. I was going to buy a 06ish f150 after my 02 f250 7.3l was stolen, but my father passed and i had to use the money to pay his final expenses and my mothers bills for a while. I was given the expedition in return.

anyway i had it towed to a shop and we'll see what they say, if it needs a new head, i think it will be better o just get a newwer truck and let this one go