View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Nathan Plemons
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well you have to understand first of all that I like to tinker. I'm always looking for information about what can be upgraded and how and for what cost. I may end up doing an upgrade post haste or I may not. It depends as you say on the need vs desire, cost, etc.

In my case I will not know if I need a higher output alternator until I get all of my accessories installed, the biggest being an electric fan. Before I can install the electric fan, I will have to own one. It's one of those items on my Christmas list that may come, may not. I want one, and I think it would really help my fuel economy, but I don't NEED one so if I don't get one for Christmas, I don't know when I'll get one. Now with that being said, any upgrades that I do, I want to still work with the factory ammeter. I absolutely HATE having a dead gauge on a cluster, it seems so ghetto to me. Thus, replacing the alternator or upgrading the internals while maintaining stock connectivity is a big plus to me. True it might not put out 100 amps, but say I end up drawing 65 amps. Surely the 100 amp upgrade inside the 60 would give me the overhead for 5 amps. I don't need to light up the city, I just don't need it to severely discharge in a worst case type scenario.

Make sense?

Oh, to answer your question, the upgrade kit includes a 105am stator along with the upgraded rectifier and such.